Exotic dishes of Vietnam
Hello everyone. What is the most unusual you ate for your life? I have, as it turned out, before the trip to Vietnam was a very poor dining experience. But this month I tried so many things that even I never thought that I would be there. Today I will tell you about what impressed me most about our trip to Southeast Asia. Namely, Vietnamese food, or rather not even Vietnamese food and the exotic dishes we ate there.
Vietnam takes pride of place among the countries known for its unusual national dishes. Despite this, I have reasons to believe that the cuisine in Vietnam is quite useful and healthy, because a large part of the diet of the locals is fresh seafood, vegetables and, of course, fruit. In the country there are a variety of fruits and vegetables as the most common and quite exotic.
The most traditional product for local food is the rice in a large quantity is consumed by Vietnamese people, so to them, as for us potatoes. Vietnam appreciated will be appreciated by vegetarians, it is incredibly delicious and juicy fruits, fresh vegetables and a huge selection of seafood.
UNUSUAL AND EXOTIC DISHES OF VIETNAM
The predominant ingredient in most Vietnamese dishes — vegetables,seafood and poultry. However, there are true delicacies, which include unusual for Europeans dishes from exotic animals, such as, for example, snake, frog, Scorpion, crocodile, shark, ostrich and balut .
1. FROG. Today the frogs are already difficult to surprise someone, but this is where I tried it for the first time. Of all these dishes — frog I liked the most. We were served deep fried frog, seasoned with spices.
2. CROCODILE. Also, often in the cooking of exotic dishes, the locals use the crocodile carcass. Our attention was presented a few variations of cooking — grilled, and in soup. Taste the alligator is quite unusual, and the meat is tender, I personally think that I eat Turkey breast fillets. The meat we cooked on the grill. Of all the dishes, the crocodile is most like her husband.
3. OSTRICH. Another that surprised us dish is an ostrich. The taste of it I came like an old, poorly cooked beef. Although, the male half of our company ostrich came to taste.
4. SNAKE. Without attention there were also snake. Cooking snakes is a ritual. First guest to bring a live snake show. Then, when we cut off her head, and blood decant in a decanter. The blood is added to a glass of vodka to gulp her drink. To me personally it was very difficult to pour in the liquid, but overcoming disgust, I finally did it. The taste is nothing special, but then for a long time in the mouth felt the taste of blood. “The highlight of the program” was a snake’s heart. Still beating put it on a plate and invited us to eat. The brave man was my husband, he unhesitatingly swallowed it with vodka and blood. Said it’s normal, because the taste is not particularly tasted, the heart should be swallowed whole. After a terrible and blasphemous ritual, take the snake to the kitchen for cooking. We used it to cook soup, something similar to the ear, and a snake in the batter. The taste is rich, somewhat resembling a fish. But there is difficult, the meat is very tough, like rubber, so I tried a few pieces and all. We ordered the snake in MUI ne. the average price for restaurants — $ 50 for 1 kg of live snakes.
5. SCORPIONS. I never thought that food can be consumed and Scorpions. So we are not left behind. Ordered 3pcs. for the sample. Food is difficult to call, as there is in him almost nothing. To eat, need to eat 50 pieces. In the heat treatment paukoobraznyh. the poison ceases to be dangerous, but before use, you need to pull out the stinger from the tail. The taste, the meat of the Scorpion resembles a shrimp, but very bitter, spoiled shrimp. This “fun” cost us$ 1 apiece.
6. SHARK. Shark not too rare visitor in the Asian menu. The menu has many dishes with this delicacy. Soups, barbecue, baked shark with vegetables and lots of different options. We ordered the braised shark with vegetables. I did not like at all, by the way, friends in our company too. Meat more like fish, but with a strong smell of seaweed and seawater.
7. BALUT. Heads the rating of the most unusual treats, in my opinion, a dish called balut. This is a boiled duck egg with an almost formed fetus inside. I eat it not risk, and to observe, as did our friends, was not very nice.
From all the above that I have tried in Vietnam, again would only book the frog and the crocodile, and the rest, as for me, at times. In conclusion I would like to give advice — on the festive table of a Vietnamese bound to be something unusual for Europeans. So unless you consider yourself gourmet, I recommend before to eat something, ask what is included in the composition of a dish.